Today you’ll learn a quick, paint by number system that’ll make you burn fat like you’re on a celebrity workout plan.
At this point, it’s pretty much a guarantee. There may be a triple pregnancy in the Kardashian household… but if one thing’s for certain, Kim, Khloe, and Kylie won’t be keeping their baby weight once it’s over.
You don’t need to be part of an omnipresent millionaire dynasty to pull something like that off. But, let’s face it. Pregnancy is stressful. And with all the changes, baby poop, and sleep deprivation – motherhood has its own challenges. How do you find time to work on yourself when you’re in charge of a very demanding tiny human?
We’ve put together a quick no-fail system to blast that weight …and more importantly, keep it off. Just follow these steps:
- Consult a professional FIRST. Before you try ANYTHING whether it’s diet or exercise, make sure you talk to your doctor first. If you’re breast feeding, everything you eat affects your baby too. In general you want to avoid fish because of the mercury and alcohol…because…well, alcohol. The same goes for nicotine, caffeine, and other stimulants.
- Get help. As a new mom, free time is BY FAR your most precious resource. It might just NOT be possible to take a break to do other things. If you’re going to try to whip yourself into shape, you’ll definitely want a helping hand. The best and easiest thing you can do for yourself is set aside a day or two each week with your loved one to knock out meal prep for the rest of the week. Contrary to popular belief, How you eat (NOT working out) is MOST of what causes you to lose weight.
- Streamline! A good rule of thumb is to understand what your body needs in terms of macronutrients and eat according to the diet that BEST suits your body. A quick and easy guideline is to eat 50% carbs, 25% protein, and 25% healthy fats. If you REALLY wanna be efficient, you can easily find a protein shake or meal replacement that falls into your recommended macros when on the go or rushed.
- Breastfeed. Seriously. Breast feeding burns a surprisingly high number of calories. It takes about 20 calories to make just an ounce of milk, so if your baby is drinking 20 ounces a day, that’s an extra 400 calories burned DAILY. If you ARE going to try and diet while breastfeeding you’ll still going to want to get at least 1500 calories in every day to keep your strength up.
- Snack away. Nuts and dark chocolate are your friend. Not only are they filling, but they’re convenient and oh-so satisfying. Now that doesn’t mean you get to load up on Snickers… JYour best bet is to invest in some trail mix.
…And there you have it! 5 quick and simple ways to eat right, slim down, AND be a phenomenal mom. 🙂
Til next time…